Trini Life

Monday, June 12, 2006

Some Good News!

Sushma's Getting Married!
My friend Sushma (from India) is officially engaged! She and Syam will be getting married later this year. I am so happy for you two! Many of you know that Sushma is my pal, someone I got to know while working at Healthscribe, and we later became really good friends (although we have never met in person)....this may be the year we finally get to meet!

Here are some pics of Syam and Sushma!


































CONGRATULATIONS, SYAM AND SUSH! If you want to see the whole album, click here.

********************************************

NASCAR
Eric couldn't wait to tell me "weenie" crashed his car in the race today (he calls Jeff Gordon "weenie" just because I think he is cute). I thought about it, and darnit, I have really been missing NASCAR. I miss arguing for hours about who is the best driver. My favorites are JG and Dale Jarrett (wait, is he still racing? I have been gone for 6 months), but Eric is a Tony Stewart man. haha TS sucks. :)

....Speaking of NASCAR....and old friend of mine who is a huge racing fan has a t-shirt business, just in case any of you ever need to order any t-shirts for anything. The website is http://www.teezone.net just in case you want to give a hard-workin' man some business. Here is a pic of DJ and his son, Nick. If you ever happen to go to a Choctaw powwow and see a redheaded guy selling t-shirts, it may be DJ.















***********************************************

SOCA WARRIORS ROCK!
Okay, so maybe they didn't win their opening match, but in Trinidad, a draw is a win! Anything that isn't a loss is a win to them. Hislop rocked, even though he was subbing. And the locals all talk about how old he is..but he is their hero NOW. He went to the same school as my friend Marlene's son. If I hadn't used up all my transfers for this stage in Fantasy World Cup, I would have picked him up. Silly me, I went and got worthless Angola players..haha

Speaking of Fantasy World Cup, here are the standings for our league as of Sunday night...

HSFIFA Standings

Rank Team Points
1
Kick Me 51
2
Tastes Like Chicken 31.5
3
FC JngleRat 27
4
cocksoup 23
5
Buddha FC 16.5
6
Machembere 7.5
7
The Axis Of Naughty 4.5
8
WooSunJA 3
9
Soca Longshot -6.5

Yes, I am Soca Longshot. haha Is that soo surprising?

Oh, look! It's Chris Birchall, the lone white boy for the Soca Warriors! haha (No, this is not a racist thing, it just looks so funny seeing the one white boy with all the other guys, that's all...plus he is cute.) Let's look at him again!











************************************************

June 16, my first full day back home, is going to be a LOVELY DAY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home