Trini Life

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Exhausted

That is all I can say.

The family made it in. Eric wrote down my address for immigrations but lost the paper it was on before he got into the airport, so they wouldn't let my family in the country. I was waiting right outside, but I had left my cellphone in the car, so I was of no help. Anyway, they ended up getting delayed walking out of the airport about an hour because of all that crap.

















Saturday, we drove up to Maracas and spent the day at the beach. A bunch of the students went along. We had a blast.












































Shelby and Melissa (a student's little sister)















Eric and his one true love...his fishing equipment. ;)



















Eric and I in the back of Gordon's little Marouti (the pimp mobile..haha) Yeah, I know I look like crap...AND? I had been at the beach all day long and I was exhausted and water-logged and felt like I had sand and salt saturated into every square inch of my body.


















Sunday, we rode a boat out to Chacachacare Island. Years ago, this place was a leper colony. It is uninhabited now, although plenty of visitors and campers apparently go there and leave their litter behind. It was nice and isolated, but sad to see the litter like that.

















I invited my friend Marlene (she lives down the street from me) and her kids along. None of these people even know how to swim. Unbelievable. They live on an island. 90% of the people I know here do not know how to swim. I don't get it. You live on an island, you MUST learn how to swim. LOL
















Robert and Anthony were our guides for the day. It was very comforting that they polished off 3 bottles of scotch before the ride back to port. ;)































Shelby, Sydney, and Aurelia (Marlene's daughter) had a blast swimming and snorkeling at Chacachacare.
















If you look closely, off in the hazy distance, you can see Venezuela. We were about 5 miles away from Hugoland. ;)

I gotta go to bed. Vacation is very tiring, especially when you are working during half the vacation. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's god to see that they all arrived safely - great pics !!!

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!! you sure had a blast.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home