Trini Life

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Life in the 'Hood

The neighborhood I live in is a gated community, and right now there is a huge scandal going on regarding the head of security, the neighborhood board, and the fact that no one in the neighborhood can get guest codes for visitors to get into the gate. The head of security also just happens to be a policeman (and the police here are terribly corrupt) and everyone is terrified of him. He has already cussed me out twice just because I asked for the gate code I was supposed to get (I have a remote control, but I need a code so when someone comes over they can punch in the last 4 digits of my house phone, so I can buzz them in. ) My driver can't even get in to come pick me up in the morning unless he follows in behind someone else, and sometimes he comes in through the out gate if he has to. I had people over on Sunday and I had to walk out with them to let in the folks picking them up so they could get into the gate. Seems that the policeman / security guy is hiring his thug friends and they are all taking bribes for special "protection". If I were a permanent resident, now you know me, I would be fighting back...but I am a foreigner here and I want to live to see my home again, so I am kinda laying low.

I did meet my new neighbors tonight...3 chemical engineers that came here from India to help open up a paper plant up in Arima. I didn't want to barge out there with my camera and demand pics, I sure as hell don't want them to get the wrong idea....lol....but they seemed pretty nice. They are here on contract for 6 months, and if they decide to stay, their wives and kids are coming then. Their names are Vijay, Sanjay, and Dinesh.

If I were at home, I would eat some steak or something good tonight...but oh well, guess i will settle for some soup. Excited about getting home...got a lot to look forward to. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sree said...

Well, you got their spellings correct dearie..

2:58 AM  
Blogger JBo said...

haha only because i have so many lovely friends from India..:))

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home