Trini Life

Monday, May 08, 2006

Job Hazards at an All New Level!

I had two students a while back whom I mentioned on here..they almost got into a fight. Anyway, the young Muslim girl comes to me and asks for a meeting. I call her into my office, and she says that the older Pentecostal woman is discriminating against her. She said that Pentecostal is annoying her and she hates her because she is a Muslim. She couldn't give me any exact incidents or anything, just generalizations. So I call the Pentecostal into my office after the Muslim leaves. Pentecostal starts crying, states that Muslim is "placing her hand in evil spirits" and casting "obia" on her. Just in case you don't know, obia is BLACK MAGIC. Pentecostal said that Muslim is sending evil spirits to her and causing her personal damage. She also stated that Muslim cast a spell on her Friday so she couldn't transcribe during the test..said she got a chill all over her body and her hands locked up. She said that every time Muslims walks within 10 feet of her desk that she gets really bad feelings, feelings of "doom and horror." By this point, it is all I can do to keep from bursting into laughter...but this lady was dead serious. But now I am wondering if I should call OSHA, because my day has progressively gotten shi**er and shi**er today, and I am wondering if I accidentally caught some of those evil spirits.

First, Maracas Bay Hotel called me today and said they had to cancel my reservation because a tree fell on the hotel and they are closing the whole hotel to do work. So now, the first weekend my family is here, we have to find something else to do. Then, just to confirm, I called Sandy Point in Tobago to confirm my reservations for the second weekend they are here, and they couldn't find them. Quincy later called them and raised hell with them and they found them, though, thank God. Then I find out my employer in the states has decided that since I didn't want to commit to the next class (a 10-month committment instead of a 7.5-month committment) that maybe I didn't deserve my July trip home during my birthday week. I already have a ticket back on July 13, so maybe I will just stay.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaah.. what a day dear. Dont worry, things will be brighter and a lot better in times to come.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home