Trini Life

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Wooooohooo...Tomorrow!

Midterm exams are tomorrow, and I have to go into work early. I will be glad when it is over. The minute exams are over, I head to the airport to pick up my family. Quincy is driving to the airport, too, 'cause he wants to meet them (and just in case we need for room for suitcases, too). Supposed to go to St. James tomorrow night (where the Harley place is) and see the street nightlife. They have a lot of music and stuff. Get to see what new foods the kids want to try..or avoid. :) Some of my students are caravan-ing up to Maracas with us Saturday. We are going ot have a great time! Then Sunday to Chacachacare Island and the other islands off the coast for fishing and snorkeling.

Oh yeah, I rented a car today. Let me say first that, when in the states, I always use Budget, because the service is always great, quick in and quick out. Well, NEVER USE BUDGET IF YOU COME TO TRINIDAD. It took me almost 2 hours to get a car I had reserved over a week ago (online)..I get there, and they don't have a reservation for me (and thank God I printed out my confirmation). They didn't have any cars. None of the other car rental places at the airport had any cars, either. While I was waiting, a guy just happened to bring his car back early, so I got a POS Mazda....and man, this thing is allllll skinned up and scraped up. The radio doesn't work. Aside from all that, what started out as a 160.00 rental ended up with a damn 600.00 hold on my card (for a week...tying up vacation money). On top of that, they were very flip and thought it was hilarious that they didn't have a car for me. My coworker (a Trini) was shocked herself at how bad they SUCKED. After I got the car and got back to the office, I immediately called and cancelled my reservation with Budget in Tobago....NO THANKS. We will use taxis, since you have a million people asking you constantly if you need a taxi. It is only about a 5-minute walk from the airport to our hotel anyway. At least with my previous trip to Tobago, I know now if a taxi driver is trying to rip me off...my class says never pay them over 6 TT a passenger to go anywhere. lol But this afternoon, I drove into San Juan and Curepe.....dropped students off, drove out all by myself. Driving on the left side isn't so bad...I am a pro now. :)

Muslim student was expelled today, so no more obeah drama, thank God.

I am tired. I will be glad when school is over tomorrow....boy, do I need some stress relief!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sree said...

Great Jeannie.. Have fun. and dont forget regular posting

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are getting used to driving on the CORRECT side of the road LOL

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home