Trini Life

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Black Magic Update

Okay, first of all, a disclaimer: I will not give the names of the people involved here at all, except that they are students; in fact, I will just call the Muslim "Sylvia" and the Pentecostal "Jane".

It seems that the situation reared its ugly head again today, and Jane put a flower on Sylvia's desk. Sylvia refused to sit at her desk because she is convinced that, since Jane thinks that Sylvia has been "putting obeah" on her that Jane MUST be putting obeah back on her. So now it seems that they could potentially could be throwing black magic at each other. The entire class is now concerned that all this obeah is going to cause them problems (well, except for the two Catholics, one Presbyterian, and one Methodist..they think it is nonsense.) I, the other Methodist in the room, was more concerned that it was going to come to blows. Anyway, we had to get the school administrator in on all the fun. It was so hard to keep from laughing in the meeting. There was no resolution, except that I have to treat them like 5-year-olds and seat them on opposite sides of the classroom, and if they have any further interaction, even so much as speaking to each other, both are kicked out.

Breaking News
Did I mention I was coming home soon? I don't really want to talk about it, because I don't think it is too professional to defame the company I work for on here....but they have reneged on their agreement with me, only because I don't want to commit to the next class (10 months)..for no other reason....and they decided to cancel my July trip home..that I must stay here until August with no trip home. Not happening. I don't want to talk about anything else regarding said company, but let's just say that I have backing from some higher up folks. No worries! I have a few things in the works, so I should be otherwise employed when I land back in the states.

BOSTON LEGAL
OMG James (Alan)...need I say more. New chick, "Squid" hints at nailing him for sexual harassment...

Alan: How about I just clear everything off this desk and we can just take care of things right now?

AND SHE WALKS OUT OF THE OFFICE????? JEEEEEZE!!!!!!!

Miss you. ;) bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home