Trini Life

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

06/06/06...Just another day :)

Went to see "The Omen" tonight with a few friends. Now, I have to say, this was quite a strange experience. Trinis seem to laugh at very inappropriate times during horror movies. For instance, when Liev Schreiber is utterly devastated after learning that he must kill his son to save the world, he is in tears; well these folks found this hilarious and they were absolutely dying with laughter. I didn't find it so funny. They also showed a short clip of the twin towers burning (as part of the prophecy storyline) and people were laughing...and of course, you know I said out loud, "What the hell was so funny about that?" Then they laughed when David Thewlis got his head chopped off...HILARIOUS! Everything that we would screech or look away from, they would find terribly funny. It was so amusing. It almost made the movie not scary at all.

(By the way, so glad to see Liev Schreiber AND David Thewlis in something new..they are two of my favorite lesser-known actors. I first saw David Thewlis in an awesome movie called "Naked" where he was a raving drug-addicted maniac. Liev Schreiber was good in "A Walk on the Moon.")

An Omen of a Different Kind
I put on a load of clothes to wash before I left for the movies..came home, moved them to the dryer (bulb had blown in the washroom, so I had no warning of what I would later discover after the clothes had dried)...my favorite good luck white t-shirt is now a light grayish-blue. Jesus. I hope this isn't a bad sign regarding my trip to Atlanta in a few hours. Well, everything else in the load is grayish-blue, too...and the thing is, I cannot find a thing that was in the load of clothes to turn things that color. Something weird happened. Maybe it is a sign. I guess I will find out what kind of sign in a few days.
****************************************

Ginger, Donnie, and Gen, have a safe trip home tomorrow! Long drive from MS to NJ with the baby in the car. ;) At least it is much cooler in NJ than MS.
****************************************




















World Cup
For those of you involved in HSFIFA, please make sure you have your lineup done before Friday! Root for the Soca Warriors, 'cause they sure as hell are going to need all the help they can get. I predict a 3-0 win by Sweden over the Trini boys, unfortunately.

woohoo, it's Chris, the TWB of the Soca Warriors!




















I will miss Trinidad, in some strange sort of way. I hate making new friends and then facing the thought that I may never see them again for the rest of my life. sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home