Trini Life

Friday, June 09, 2006

Airport / Airplane Observations and Other Nonsense...

With all the travel I have done in the past few months, I have a list of grievances against airline travelers in general:

1. If you are from Alabama and have never flown before, please, PLEASE, do not sit in the seat in front of me and squeal at takeoff and put your hands in the air like you are on a roller coaster. I had this pentecostal chick sitting in front of me acting like she didn't have one iota of home trainin' (you Southerners know what I mean by that)...and she kept walking up and down the aisle to converse with some fellow travelers that were with her (in seats behind me, no less) and she was really getting on my nerves. I was in such a foul mood with this whirlwind trip the last few days, she really caught me in an ill mood and I almost told her to put her f*%^ing arms down and act civilized....but when I was thinking it, she said, "Praise God, hallelujah!", presumably because we safely made it into the air. LOL

2. Why do people have to have so damn many carry-on bags, and then why to they take 10 minutes getting them down out of the storage thingys? I hate that it takes 30 minutes to get off the plane. Check those bags, you idiots. Wait at the baggage carousel instead of holding everybody else up. Practice being quicker for the next flight, if you refuse to check the crap. Also, if they carry on a bag that ends up being too big and someone has to hold the flight up to get it put in cargo, they should just throw the bag away and say tough luck.

3. The airlines should have some kind of requirement that people MUST TAKE BATHS before they board, at least within 24 hours of departure anyway. This woman sitting on the other side of the aisle from me today almost killed me with the pungent aroma of a mixture of Vick's Vapor Rub and ASS. Please have consideration for your fellow travelers and defunk before you embark. :) I think there should be some voting pad on the plane, sorta like on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire or something, where passengers can vote off the people who are on the verge of making us sick. :)

4. Why does Trinidad require international flight passengers to be at the airport 3 hours in advance, when other airports usually require 2 hours? I guess it is because they are so slow and take their time that they have to make up for it somehow..so just shut up and show up early, we don't care if you have to pile up and sleep somewhere, cause we Trini and we takin' we time. Jeeze.

5. When arriving in Miami on Wednesday, I got questioned DOWN by a damn (apparently) Cuban immigrant (I supposed maybe he was Cuban, he was barely speaking English and had a strong resemblance to Ricky Ricardo.) Anyway, he wanted to know what I was coming to the states for, why I had been in Trinidad, what I do in Trinidad, when I was coming back home, what kind of accent it is do I have, because I don't sound like someone from Pennsylvania. I ALMOST SAID "YOU DON'T SOUND LIKE SOMEONE FROM AMERICA, BUDDY." (No, I didn't say it, but I sure wanted to). I hate going to the Miami airport because hardly anyone speaks English. Don't dare ask the Spanish speakers where anything is..they will give you a look that could kill, like how dare you ask me that in English, you better learn some Spanish-kinda look. I say make English the official language of the US. Hey, 29 Caribbean nations can't be wrong!

6. Don't bring me a pack of raisins and 2 cookies and call it breakfast. That just plain AIN'T RIGHT.

Countdown
I will be home next week, and I can't wait...then I am changing blogs, so you won't hear anything else about Trinidad. Maybe it will be something political or something...or maybe politics, fantasy football, and just random thoughts. That reminds me, I saw the fantasy football ad, and that is already starting up. I mean the real football. We are already playing the fantasy world cup thing right now, even though that is almost against my religion..but it makes for good filler until REAL football starts. :)
*********************************************************

BY THE WAY, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, HEATHER!
********************************************************
Someone make the gas prices go down before I get home so I actually get to drive for a while. Can't wait to get in my car and just go...on the CORRECT side of the road, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home