Trini Life

Friday, June 16, 2006

Goodbye, Trinidad

Well, I have to say, my last 24 hours in Trinidad were pretty amazing, yet overwhelmingly emotional. The school had me a "surprise" party (although I wasn't that surprised...I was kinda hoping they wouldn't, but I know how they are..any excuse to get out of some work..LOL). They got me some goodies, including full Soca Warriors regalia so I could be decked out at the airport for the game (I think it is a law that if the SW make it to the World Cup, you MUST wear red and black on match days). They also got me a silver Trinidad necklace, a laminated map of T&T, a photo album, and some other stuff. We all cried (of course, you know how sentimental I am, so would you expect anything less of me?). After class was over, Quincy picked me up (and 2 of my friends came along home with me)...but on the way to the house, he stopped at one of those hole-in-the-wall places and bought everyone in the car shots of puncheon rum. Okay, tolerated that one. He stops 2 miles down the road (I think it was 2 miles, I was a little iffy after that point), he gets another round of shots and beer chasers. I will say nothing else, other than NEVER AGAIN. Anyway, later, after everything settled, more friends came over and we ordered pizza. Thursday, Quincy brought Kirk over and they serenaded me on the front porch and made me cry. I didn't allow anyone but Quincy and Kirk to accompany me to the airport, because I knew it would just make it harder. Out of everyone, I think I will miss Quincy the most. He has a heart of gold, and I definitely know I will always have a friend in Trinidad with Quincy.

Here are some pics from Wed and Thurs..oh, and some from the airport while the game was going on. Did I mention that my flight was delayed over an hour because of the match? I was afraid that might happen..the previous weekend, 5 flights were cancelled because no one showed up for work (They were at home watching the game vs. Sweden). Oh well, I am home now, and I actually feel appreciated. :)




























































Scenes from the airport during the Eng vs. T&T match...














































Well, I guess this means the Trini blog is done. I will have to start another one about something else now.

HSFIFA
At least I ain't in last place anymore. Eric is moving up in the rankings. I think Chuck quit on us. Congrats, TLC...good birthday present to be in first place, huh? Enjoy it because Kick Me will be kicking your ass after today prolly. :)

Okay, no more Trinidad. Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home