Trini Life

Friday, March 24, 2006

CRICKET FOR THE BLIND..right, that is not a typo. :)





















There is a big push here for donations and fundraising for Cricket for the Blind. Forget AIDS awareness in a population in which 1 in 10 people are HIV-positive....let's watch a bunch of blind people run around attempting to play cricket. Just think about it...just try to picture it..um, "Michael, the ball is over there! Two steps backward! Now, to your left!" I am sorry, but I can find nothing but comedy in this. Just saying "cricket for the blind" makes me laugh. Next, it will be "the league of blind one-legged ass kickers." Here is a link talking about Cricket for the Blind..go read it and get inspired. haha DISCLAIMER: I love blind people. I just have a hard time believing that in a country so eaten up with HIV that the focus is on something like this.

http://www.cricketworld.com/wbcc/detail.asp?articleid=5305&menu=0&sid=50&sn=World%20Blind%20Cricket%20Council

In the meantime, if you would rather not donate to CFTB, and you just want to throw some money around on something that IS worthwhile, send some money to the Elton John AIDS Foundation (his 59th birthday is tomorrow, by the way). http://www.ejaf.org

Meanwhile, I am going to start my own foundation... the "Fly My Friends To Trini" fund. Maybe I could set it up like all those emails I get from supposed African people who can't get access to their fortune without having access to my bank account information. lol I could say, okay, I need your help to access my fortune...call American Airlines and order a plane ticket, and the keys to the nonexistent kingdom are yours! Now THAT would be worthwhile.

I MISS Y'ALL. I say that every day, don't I? That is because I MEAN IT.

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home