Trini Life

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

RAIN

It has rained for over 24 hours now, and the toads are out everywhere. I didn't go out and take a picture, but I will if I go back outside. I counted about 20 of them hopping around the yard, on the patio, in the street in front of the house. These are big ol' cane toads.

I just went outside in the dark to try to get a picture of one, but it is too dark and is raining too hard. If another one shows up on my patio, I will post a picture. These things get huge, probably weigh like maybe 4 or 5 pounds.

I cooked Mexican food tonight, which Quincy had never had, and he seemed to like it okay. When he left, I had to go out and scan the carport and patio for frogs, because he is absolutely mortified by them. A 6'4", 260-lb man afraid of frogs. That is the second most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of, after the "I can't swim" and living on an island. Funny, half of my class today told me they couldn't swim.

Well, rain is only good for a few things, and obviously getting to work here isn't one of them. If this rain keeps up, guess we will be out of school tomorrow, 'cause we ain't pulling the stunt we did before and float down the road again. I'll be darned if we get flooded out and I have to rescue Quincy from flood water. I don't have a wish to drown.

Hey Debbie, I miss you, girl! When I was talking about my friends, I didn't mention my best friend in the whole world, Debbie in MS, the one who knows all my deep, dark secrets..haha. Tell Lee you are coming down here for a while, just so you can come hang out with me. For that matter, Mary Ellen, Mary Ann, Tammy, and Debbie, y'all could all come for a girls' weekend. Okay, I know, plane tickets ain't cheap. It was a nice thought anyway! :)) Nice thoughts are what keep me going lately. ;)

Speaking of nice thoughts, one of my future ex-husbands is on tv tonight, woohoo. My husband doesn't even care that I think James Spader is smmmokin'. haha Boston Legal rocks. Lock and load!

Valete, pax vobiscum
Adios
Ciao
Later,
J

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Spader can kiss my ASS

Hubby

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home