Trini Life

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Those All Important Front-Page Stories...


The front page picture of today's T&T newspaper really says it all. I think it is in the constitution here, if you ever apply for citizenship, you have to have your bump n' grind up to par. :) Today's paper had (yes, I counted) 9 pages of drunk people in various stages of undress, dancing in the streets. No pictures of murder victims covered in sheets today, just lots of happiness. And the headlines are about one of the FIFA VPs (he is from Trinidad) double-dipping on Germany tickets (T&T is in the World Cup playoffs). Seems not only is he a VP in FIFA, but he also owns a travel agency here, and even though most people here couldn't get hold of tickets, somehow he managed to get tons and has been selling Germany packages for a crapload of cash. If you think the US government is corrupt..hahaha....

I think it is a good idea for me to celebrate Carnival at home in the states. ;) After seeing 80-year-old women in bikinis the other day (their Carnival costumes), um...haha Okay, if I put a costume on and stood beside them, maybe I would be sorta hot.

US, here I come. I think I will kiss the ground when I get to Miami, if I can find a clean spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home