Trini Life

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Maracas Bay


YEAAAHHH....I went to the beach today up at Maracas Bay, on the northern coast of Trinidad. It was just a little cloudy, so you can't really tell how pretty the water is by these pictures.

They have lifeguards here supposedly. I only saw the building, though, didn't see any Baywatch kinda people. Maybe they were taking a nap or something. lol





Everything is so GREEN here. The drive to Maracas was really pretty, you have to drive up through the mountains, through the rainforest. I wish I had gotten Quincy to stop on the road up here, but the mountain roads were like the narrowest I have ever seen in my life, and there was a car riding us all the way up and if we had suddenly stopped, well, I wouldn't be here posting about it probably. Maybe next time I will get rainforest pics.

I think the next beach I want to go to is on the Atlantic side at Toco. Here is a lookout thing or whatever at Maracas.


















This is the parking lot at the beach, you can see the mountains and rainforest here. When we drove through the rainforest it was probably 15 degrees cooler than normal...it felt awesome.

This camera is a fine example of 'you get what you pay for'. LOL I bought a cheap one to bring along because I figured if I bought a good one, it would only get stolen. I took more pictures on a disposable camera too, so if there are any decent ones on there (will get them developed Monday) then I will post them.

Miss everybody! :) Love ya! :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home