Trini Life

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Home






Okay, I took a picture of how things look around where I live. Here is a picture of the gate.


I finally memorized the codes...but the only time I need them is when I walk to the mall, because Quincy knows them and always punches them in. I think it took me so long to memorize them because I also had to memorize keypad codes to get into the Medical Data Center, and to also get to another part of the building..yet another code.


Here is my humble abode. I know, it is kinda plain, ain't it...but get this: I think I have the most inexpensive type house in the community, and the cheapest houses start at 1.2m TT (this is according to my investment banker neighbor, who has a house almost just like mine, except his back yard isn't as big as mine). Yeah. Crazy expensive. That is about 200,000 USD, and my house is realllly plain. When you DC / NOVA people start whining about how much your houses cost....hahahaha I do have a pretty big back yard, but not 1.2m worth. Insane. Here is my house.

It comes complete with a razor wire feature on the back yard brick wall. HAHAHA Maybe that is to keep anyone from stealing the huge, black reserve water tank. Everyone in here has them, just in case power goes down or something happens at the water plant, so you will have some water for a little while. There is only razor wire along this section of wall, not sure why...it is only the wall that is near the water tank, though. Hmmm.














See the other wall in my backyard? No razor wire. You don't even get a patio for 1.2 m, what a shame. I need a BBQ grill, but I don't even know where to go get one yet. Putting that on my list of things I must get. The bottom of that pic is messed up, think my batteries were just about down in my camera.

Here is the view from my front porch (well, it ain't really a porch; not sure what you would call it)..


I am at the end of the cul-de-sac. At least that way, it is easy to tell if someone is coming to my house. :)










The house is reallllly plain inside. It is nice, but it is very plain..all tile flooring, no carpet anywhere. I hate that. The LR furniture is not comfortable, but it is the common furniture here. These people generally don't have big, cushy couches like we do in the states. It sucks. I am going to make some noise and see if they get me some new LR furniture.

I hate the curtains. I need pictures on the walls (there are a couple throughout the house, that is it).
















Here is the dining room. The thing that I find amazing is that they have nice windows, but none of the windows have screens on them. With all the mosquitos, that strikes me as strange.


The golf club...at a distance. HAHA I ain't going over there again just yet. I am waiting on word from Ms. Universe that she has resolved the problem. No, this ground right in the front part of the picture is not part of the golf course. The greens at the golf course are nice. I think the golf course is a white person magnet. I mean, I see a lot of Trinis there, but the only whiteys I have seen since I have been here have been on the golf course or in the golf course parking lot. haha Golf sucks.















...and standing in the same spot, here you can see where the mall is.. what you can see is the upper level of part of the mall. The mall actually extends in the other direction, so this picture doesn't do it justice. Also, here is the road that leads out to the main highway, and since little creepy man threatened me at the golf course, now I walk out to the main road and down and over to the mall. Yeah, I know, daring of me. The picture is kind of dark, but these people have the razor-wire thing goin' on, too. All this razor wire is very encouraging. HAHA


















Okay, enough for today. I hope next weekend to actually have a lot of beach pictures, barring nothing happens to my camera or no one else gets the flu. :) The other consultant is leaving, and we are having her a going away thing up at Maracas. Took me long enough to get to the real beach..but it gets dark here around 6:30, and if we drove up there after work, we would probably get there right before dark, so I would rather go on weekends anyway. I could have gone this weekend, but I happen to know that Quincy has his little girl this weekend, and I really don't have to go anywhere, so I would rather he get to spend time with her. She is a cutie, too, 6 years old, I think. Makes me miss my kids even more. Oh, here is a picture of Quincy.

Okay, I am done for today. More later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home