Trini Life

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

SUPERBOWL PARTY INVITE, COURTESY OF THE GOOD OL' US MARINES!


OMG!

You may laugh at me, but NOT ONLY did the embassy answer my email, I got an invite for a Superbowl party with the MARINES! A coworker is going along....we will be around AMERICANS for a few hours. Oh wow, this is BIG. IN-FREAKIN-CREDIBLE. Just when I thought I had no chance of seeing the Steelers whoop up on Seattle, a miracle has occurred.

A great ending to an otherwise generally crappy day. Oh yeah, the grocery store special ordered sour cream for me and it came in today. I guess I should be happy, I can make some Mexican food now. No point in making Mexican food without sour cream. For me, that would be equally as bad as making Mexican food without cheese.

My good friend Dave made an interesting point today, how come there is NO CHEESE in Chinese food? Okay, cream cheese in wontons does NOT COUNT.

Okay, you MUST see this website for some funny rejected state slogan T-shirts. http://campkitsch.com/sitebody/designs/state/states.htm

Among my favorites:
Mississippi: We're lucky we can spell it...or Come Feel Better About Your Own State!
Maryland: If you can dream it, we can tax it!
Virginia: Please Don't Confuse us with West Virginia!
Connecticut: Land of the Stuffy White People.
Louisiana: We're not all drunk Cajun wackos, but that's our tourism campaign!
Utah: Our Jesus is better than your Jesus!

Speaking of Jesus, you gotta love this:










God, please don't strike me down. hehe (and thanks again, Dave, for providing me with some much-needed humor...let's just hope the strike doesn't take you out, too. ;))

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would help if I put my comment in the right area tooo ...duhhhhh You will have to scroll down to the bottom of the page !!!

J

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how WAS the Super Bowl with the Marines, eh?

3:10 PM  
Blogger JBo said...

The SB party ROCKED. Now if I can ever get the darn pics on my puter, I will be in good shape. haha I miss civilization. :)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home