Trini Life

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Give Me a Break!

I took my disposable camera in with the SB party pics on it..went to the fancy-looking super duper Fuji One-Hour Photo in the big, nice, modern mall..and guess what, they don't have capabilities to save pics on CD. So now I get to find someone with a scanner here to scan my darn pictures. I even asked at the Fuji place if he knew anywhere that could do that, and he told me that he only knew of one place in the whole country..and when he started trying to tell me how to get there (about 40 miles away), I just said, um, that's okay. Now I gotta figure out how I am going to get them on here.

The SB party was AWESOME. Was nice to see the Steelers win, even if it WAS ugly. I felt like I was in the states for 4 hours. There were people there from Louisiana and Alabama, and, of course, we just referred to each other in conversation as "Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama." Southerners do that. I can't explain it, so don't ask. Stella, in all her 69 years of glory, was flirting with everything there, and I was sitting back smoking a ..um...fine cigar, just because I had never had one of those kinds of cigars (sorry, can't give details here, think we still have issues with a certain country, so I will leave that subject alone). They had a bar, had great food...there were probably about 50 people there, maybe 20 women and 30 men. The Marines actually live in this big, fine mansion, and they work guarding the embassy. Wow, the place was awesome....had a nice courtyard, pretty pool. A Texan Marine made the chili. Everything was great. Looking forward to the next party. I will post the pics as soon as I find some civilization somewhere to get these photos on my puter.

MY GRILL....

I bought the only grill I could find around here. I don't know where they are hiding all the stuff I actually want. Anyway, it is charcoal..sure do miss my gas grill; however, I am very appreciative that I have this one. I have looked everywhere for starter fluid, and the grocery stores here don't sell charcoal OR fluid. Anyway, I asked Quincy where the heck is the starter fluid. He said "WHAT?..you mean gasoline?" I said, "NO, you do NOT use gasoline to start up a grill!" He said, "Um, yes, dat is what you do. You take about a cup of gasoline and pour it on de fire and de coals start right up!" I asked him if he was serious, and he asked me what the hell starter fluid was. He had never in his 31 years heard of such a thing. Gasoline. Jesus. BOOM! Think I will stick to paper and carboard and matches and trying to get the charcoal going for an hour.

Monday sucked. Went to work, we got home, I realized I left my purse in my office. Got all the way back out to Caroni and my office door had been locked after I left. I couldn't get in and get my purse. No one had keys. No backup plan in case someone did something really stupid like I did in locking my purse in the office. The IT guy comes along and says no problem, and he pops the doorknob off...and tells me he loves to do that. Okay. That is comforting. I got my purse, we went all the way back home, and I found that the neighbor's cat had slipped in my house apparently in the morning while we were loading my stuff in the car to go to work. She turned over my garbage and tore it up, and she crapped THREE TIMES in my shower. I spent forever cleaning up. The next morning, I was looking for something in my closet and looked in my favorite suitcase to find that she had peed all in it. So there goes my favorite suitcase. My neighbor, who apparently claims the cat but does not take care of it, thought it was hilarious. I did not find anything funny at all.

Thanks for all of you who stay in touch with me. It is nice to hear from friends (and, of course, my lovely family). I love y'all. Paradise ain't much fun when you are alone. :)

oh, and if you are looking for the infamous muhammad cartoons, here is a link:
http://face-of-muhammed.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home