Trini Life

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Downtown Port-of-Spain

Made the trip downtown today...got my work permit a couple of days ago, now just have to get the multiple entry visa stamp so I can come and go as I please. Gee, I am bored out of my skull telling you about this crap, so it has to be boring reading. lol

Okay, just so you can see what downtown looks like (which, by the way, last October some US businesses were bombed...so Americans are told to avoid going downtown unless necessary, and never to go after dark, unless they have a death wish.

Here is the immigrations office:















And here is what it looks like up and down the street where the immigrations office is:




























My, my, isn't that exciting. I know, I am the Queen of Sarcasm these days. Oh, but at least we celebrated settling the visa situation. Quincy and I went to TGI Friday's (he had only been one other time in his 31 years of existence). Best meal I have had since I have been here. A steak and two glasses of wine later (and, what, 5 or 10 scotches for the person WHO DRIVES ME AROUND...lol) we were laughing at the Friday's employees, particularly the really quirky one with the jester hat on, and two that had little cowboy hats on...yeah, Brokeback jokes, you know it.














I asked Quincy if I should drive, and he said no, not even if I hadn't had ANY wine. He said everyone drives better after a few drinks. Having said that...to all of the people in this world that I love, just know that I love you. haha okay, just kidding. I always wear my seatbelt, so maybe I will live through a fiery crash to see you all again.

Disclaimer: Syd and BooBoo, Mommy is just kidding, there won't be any crashes. Mommy was drinking grape juice and Mr. Quincy was really just drinking coke. :) Don't get upset. Oh yeah, and while we are at it, CLEAN THOSE ROOMS UP! I love you! (Love you too, honey.)

I get to meet some of my "extended Trinidadian family" this weekend. Quincy's cousin is coming from Tobago and all I can say is I hope he likes going to the beach, cause I fully intend to be sitting on some beach somewhere this weekend, if he is planning on tagging along with us.

My baby niece will come into this world very soon, and I can't wait to see her. I only have a few regrets with coming down here, and that is one..that I won't be there when she is born. The others regrets, well, I am too tired to think about those. I am glad to be here for the experience. Class is going GREAT.

I miss everyone and love ya. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home