Trini Life

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hola!

Hey There,

Well, looks like I start Spanish classes next week. Yes, I am getting a head start on it because within the next 15 years, I am tellin' ya, Spanish will be the official language of the United States. My friend Pam and I are taking the class together, and we will practice with her Venezuelan neighbor (and I can practice with the school administrator, as well). Too bad I won't know too much when I go back through Puerto Rico in a couple of weeks. Oh well, I will fly back through Miami in July, so maybe I will know some Spanish by that trip home.

I had forgotten that I had the tech guy scan my official rejection notice from the immigrations fiasco upon my return to Trini last time. Here, see where they kicked me out. haha


























I am in much better spirits today, as my baby niece will be coming into this world any day now, and I am so excited. I think they are naming her Hazel or something. haha just kidding, I don't think the baby will have a name for a while. If they don't name her something good, I am going to just call her Martha Jean..as I am sure some traits from our good ol' mom will pop up somewhere down the line - let's hope they are the GOOD traits :)

Can't wait for the weekend, staying up at Maracas on Saturday and Sunday, so when I come home, maybe I will have a decent tan and look like I have been living in the tropics. LOL

We are out of school on Thursday for the Spiritual Baptist Shouter Liberation Day holiday. Hallelujah! My students are working on their mid-term team presentations, and one of the teams has borrowed a camcorder from someone and they needed a "decent place" to film their mock documentary (could that be "mockumentary?") for that segment of their presentation - and they are invading my house on Thursday..so I guess that will be interesting. They told me to cook them some American food. Lord, I have no clue what to cook them. Jeeze.

The local company finally arranged for my grass to get cut today after I sent them hate mail and informed them that I bought my own darn weedeater from Amazon, having it shipped down here, and I am taking care of the yard myself from now on. That is what they use for the yards here, you don't see any lawnmowers. I can't wait for my weedeater to get here. How lame is that? Excited about a weedeater. I am also gonna do some landscaping, I think, cause I am bored with the yard. Today, when they came to cut the grass, it seems that they found a dead, swollen cat with its head stuck in a drain pipe outside on the side of my house..apparently it had been trying to get something that went into the drain pipe and it got stuck and probably broke its own neck trying to get unstuck. That was the stench I was picking up on outside. Ugh.

Nothing exciting going on. Miss y'all. Bye!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ARE INSANE. HAHAHAAA I think you have been on the deserted island too long, or maybe too much sun?

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hardy har, the only good cat is a dead cat anyway. Serves it right!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home